Thursday 21 September 2017

A Flying Flare (with Kyix of Gladden)


I rescheduled the posts to accommodate this outfit being posted here when it is because I wanted to board the "use new Mordor quest rewards" ship as soon as possible. After all, what point would there be to let people see outfits based on these pieces starting June next year (yes, I have posts scheduled until then)? 


By now, Kyix is no stranger to My Middle-earth Mode, and her constant contributions have been stellar so far.* This one, however, takes the word "stellar" and brings it further as the outfit simply glimmers under the light of the sun, gleaming hope into the hearts of all the citizens of Gondor. Obviously, the winged theme is used here in the boots, gloves and helm, but my favourite part of the outfit is its use of armour/cosmetic pieces from all over the place.

* I just realised that she has submitted many outfits but only two, including this one, have been published so far.


The helm, albeit winged themed as well, isn't actually part of a Gondorian armour set - both gloves and feet are - but rather is a quest reward from Dunland. Not only that, but the shoulderpiece used here is a 2016 Summer Festival cosmetic item which I imagine shouldn't have Gondorian history behind it - but it works so well!


I feel that the chestpiece is the one piece to bind them all together in such success. Being a one-piecer, it allows for a consistency from the neck all through the torso and legs to the feet, which allows for  more deviations from the set in other areas. Also, looking at the outfit from close up shows the obvious and beautiful glints of light on the metal pieces all over; and I can totally see this being used to great effect in Mordor as the idea of this outfit contradicts the very nature of Mordor, giving hope to those who would fight alongside Kyix in such a dark and desolate place.


Overall, I utterly love this contribution from Kyix, and she has really raised the bar for the quality of outfits on this blog from today on. I might just try my hand at using some Mordor quest pieces in my outfits right now, despite just starting my second semester here at Berklee College of Music - all is going really well, by the way! 


Head: Reinforced Leather Dunlending Helm (Belegaer blue);
Shoulders: Mantle of the Summer Sea (grey);
Back: Cloak of the Unwelcomed Huest (Belegaer blue);
Chest: Invader's Heavy Hauberk (Belegaer blue);
Hands: Heavy Nadhin Gloves (steel blue);
Feet: Heavy Nadhin Boots* (Belegaer blue).

* although supposedly being in the same set as the gloves, this piece has a very different look from the gloves. Kyix said she found it on the Auction House, but I haven't been able to find any of the other pieces in that likeness, so I can't say if there is a whole set like this or if it's just the boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment